We are the proud winners of the 2006 - 2009 winner of the Muse Medallion for Online Magazine by The Cat Writers? Association in their annual Communications Contest! (Photo courtesy of Weems Hutto).
On November 17, 2007 Felinexpress.com was honored to receive The President's Award by the Cat Writers' Association. We are very proud to have earned this distinction and will continue to provide quality information for all cat lovers.
Top Ten Ways to Keep a Litter Box Clean
- Use the Litter Lifter. This scoop is specifically designed to work towards cleaning waste left in the litter pans.
- Avoid scented litters. Some of them smell worse than our “Phew” Factor.
- Size Matters- kitties grow up fast. Use larger containers for the litter pans so accidents don’t happen.
- Wash our litter pans out every week with mild soap and hot water Don’t erase our personal signature scent.
- Scoop daily, those deep-knee bends are SO good for your health.
- Provide more than one litter pan. We kitties are neat-freaks. We don’t like to pee where we poop. Unlike you, we can’t flush.
- Be sure and give us enough litter. 2” at least on the bottom- 3” or more is ideal.
- I don’t know about you, but better food reduces MY Stink Factor.
- Litter pan liners are scary. They grab claws and keep me in a stinky place. PAM® cooking spray sprayed on the bottom of the pans during cleaning day makes your job much easier and my litter pan more user- friendly.
- Hire someone else to do the dirty work.
More Top 10 List
Persian cats prefer staying relatively quiet. They are docile, loving cats.
Ragdoll cats prefer to stay low to the ground, rather than in high places
Ragamuffins are calm and can handle most types of child’s play