Felinexpress Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Feline Forums > Kitten Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kitten update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenmar1024 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kitten update
    Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 9:37am
Hi Everyone,

I thought I'd post an update on how our new kitten, Mittens, is doing.

We got the diarrea situation under control. We weaned him to a new kitten food, Whiskas, and his stools are firm and no signs of blood.

We also changed his litter to a non-scented clay, I think it's called Precious something or another, and he has been using it regularly. We also took off that rim piece to make it easier for him to get in and out of...what a difference. However, there is one spot in our home that he does want to go to when he needs to pee. I try and watch him like a hawk and when I see him go for that spot I quickly get him to his litterbox but I don't always get him in time.

He is also playing like crazy, we got him one of those small play yard kind of things that has a scratching post on one side and dangly toys on the others. He loves it and will play there for like 30 minutes. He even chases after my 1 1/2 year old German Shepards tail, my GS is such a sweetie she just lets him and then she tries to cleam him like Mittens is her pup.

Mittens has also been to a vet, yea finally found one! He checked out perfect, no parasites and tested negative for file leukiemia. We also found out he is a Ragdoll and not a Snowshoe as previosly thought. He is a perfectly healthy 10 week old kitten!!

I just wanted to say Thank You for being there, it was greatly appreciated.

Jenn & Mittens

scratch View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scratch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 1:39pm
Hi Jenn,
Thanks for the update! You can put a food bowl on the pee spot cats won't pee where they eat, or sprinkle some catnip on the spot and put a great toy there for him to play with to distract him from marking that spot.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic