Felinexpress Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Feline Forums > Cat Health
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shakes when sleeping

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Acquaintance
Acquaintance

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starmate5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shakes when sleeping
    Posted: 26 Mar 2011 at 4:50pm
Hi, all.  When Sebastian, our 9 month old, sleeps, he gets these "tremors" of individual body parts, sometimes more than one part at a time, and I will actually put my hand on his leg, for instance, to calm it down.  His ear can flicker, or his leg shake, etc.  He was doing this as a kitten but thought he'd outgrow it.  He hasn't.  His breathing stays calm, but the shaking is concerning.  Overall, he's totally normal.  Eats, sleeps, drink, plays, very sweet, just a regular adorable cat, but this is starting to worry me. 

Is this something that you would suggest getting checked out or is this something anyone has ever seen before?  It doesn't happen 100% of the time, and only when he sleeps.  And it's NOT REM sleep or any stage because it can happen at different times within a few minutes, even if you wake him up.  Just very odd.

Thanks for any input you can offer.
Lori, mom to Dexter & Sebastian
scratch View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scratch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 3:38pm
It's perfectly normal for cats to shake when the sleep, I think they are chasing mice in their dreams.
starmate5 View Drop Down
Acquaintance
Acquaintance

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starmate5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 4:24pm
  Thanks so much for the reply.  I would love to think that's what it is, chasing mice in his dreams.  HOW CUTE IS THAT???  It's just seeing the twitching really scared me.  So good to know he doesn't, heaven forbid, have some type of neurological disorder. 

You know how much trouble we went through in the beginning with this little fur ball, but he is such an angel, truly, now it's hard to believe he's the same cat!  But perseverance and persistence AND LOVE paid off and he's truly a godsend.  They actually both are.  Couldn't imagine life without them now. 

Thanks, as always, Scratch.  Hope you and all yours are doing well.
Lori, mom to Dexter & Sebastian
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic