Felinexpress Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Feline Forums > Daily Cat Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

pacifier for kitten

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlr40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pacifier for kitten
    Posted: 19 Sep 2008 at 5:14am

I have a new kitten and she is 8 or 9 weeks old and she needs a pacifier.  I have never had a cat before and I love this one but she keeps wanting to suckle me.  She wakes me up early in the morning by trying to suck my earlobe.  Yes I have let her suckle my breast 3 times because it comforts her and makes her calm and fall asleep.

Is this safe?  It is starting to hurt and makes me feel like a idiot for letting her do it.  Can I find a pacifier for her at a pet store?
Someone please help?
scratch View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scratch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2008 at 3:47pm
Please don't let your kitty suckle your breast. Not a very wise idea. There is a product that you can buy for kitties who suckle, but honestly, when i reviewed it, none of my kittens wanted anything to do with it.

Instead, do down to the local pet store or pet supply and find a soft dog toy, one that is filled with squishy material. Buy that and give it to kitty as a substitute for your flesh.
tlr40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlr40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2008 at 8:48am
than you for your comment and i will try it.  i really hope that it works.  i have stopped letting her suckle my breast (I stopped when I wrote this)  But now she is trying to suck my ear lobes.  But the funny thing is is that she only does it when she wants to take a nap.  I tried buying a bottle for newborn orphans but i think the nipple was to hard.  Does anyone know if they make a pacifier or if a regular baby bottle that has a soft nipple will work?  I am open to any suggestions. 
I just makes me sad to see her like that cause I think she may have been taken from her momma to soon and she is missing that closeness that she feels when she is nursing.
Thank You
scratch View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scratch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 2:05am
karinaadri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karinaadri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 2:02am
Good Luck for her and you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic