We are the proud winners of the 2006 - 2009 winner of the Muse Medallion for Online Magazine by The Cat Writers? Association in their annual Communications Contest! (Photo courtesy of Weems Hutto).
On November 17, 2007 Felinexpress.com was honored to receive The President's Award by the Cat Writers' Association. We are very proud to have earned this distinction and will continue to provide quality information for all cat lovers.
Top Ten Picks for Cat Products for 2010
Another year is wrapping to a close, and my Miller Kitties could really use the rest! This year, my crew has scratched, sniffed, jumped, played, ate and investigated over two dozen different products. They have reclined in splendor, explored new inventions and rediscovered the oldies but the goodies. So after my observation of their hard work and dedication, I now present the Top Ten Picks for Cats and Cat Lovers for 2010.
- Fat Cat Furniture from www.felinefurniture.com One of many impressive aspects about this company focuses on how they listen to cat owners. The line of furniture manufactured stays constantly in a state of flux, always adapting and changing to your cat’s needs and desires. You don’t have to share your life with an obese or over-sized cat to truly enjoy this Fat Cat, Cat Condo. Multiple cat owners will find their cats of all sizes snuggling together in piles surrounded by the rich lushness of the hammocks and condos. Top rated in my home, this condo never sports a “No Vacancy” sign for it has room for all!
- Kitty Kaviar from Plain Brown Tabby http://www.catniptoys.com/ Nothing plain about this website catering to cats and their owners. Among all the selected treats found here, my crew loves the Kitty Kaviar® a delectable treat and one I have used this year to get sick kitties interested in eating again. A close second is Grandma’s Lucy’s Roasted Chicken treats, but the all-around favorite by group participation is Kitty Kaviar®
- Neko flies www.nekoflies.com they aren’t kidding when they say it’s “Swat’s Happening for Cats!” Not only do I love this product (I have successfully used this interactive toy to help a kitty who escaped from the house to come back inside) but ALL my kitties love it as well! They carry several different wand toys all geared to grab your cat’s attention. The toys are so alluring that your cat’s prey drive is engaged and you will likely hear growls of pleasure coming from your cat.
- Drinkwell Pet Fountain- http://www.vetventures.com/ This product is a must for anyone who shares their lives with cats. Because of the attraction to running water, this fountain encourages reluctant kitties to drink; helps hydrate sick kitties and can be pure entertainment (just drop a ping pong ball in the reservoir and turn the unit on!) My Fiona will wake me early every morning to remind me the fountain needs refilling, or if we have turned it off the night before. She will stand indignantly near the Drinkwell, once it starts running; she pops the cover off the top and drinks from that section- silly, wonderful calico kitty!
- Litter Lifter- no this is not a tray to put in a litter pan, it is a heavy-duty litter scoop that is my ultimate favorite of all on the market today. http://www.litter-lifter.com/ With its peaked blade and wide slots, this litter scoop makes short work of a sometimes arduous task. Trust me! I scoop dozens of litter pans daily.
- Sturdi Products- www.sturdiproducts.com true to the name, Sturdi Products is the standout company in the competitive cat carrier industry. The Miller Kitties enjoy their time inside the smaller SturdiBag and this includes when they go to the vet. Known for their excellent craftsmanship, Sturdi Product shelters and bags flood cat show exhibition halls for they are the preferred favorites for exhibitors and cats alike. Always evolving and changing their products to match the needs of their clients this company excels in their field of expertise….cats!
- Harp of Hope- http://www.harpofhope.com/ the old adage goes- “Music has charms to soothe the savage breast” but in the case of the Miller Colony, the savage beast! The Harp of Hope possesses the charms to soothe the sick, the traumatized, the aggressive, and those who are convalescing from a long illness. One of the main reasons I am able to take my cats to the vet without suffering from a symphony of yowls of distress or other unpleasantness (I play this CD the entire way.) No cat lover’s home should be without this treasure. Not only does it soothe the cat but it does wonders for the owner as well!
- Cat Wrangling Made Easy by Dusty Rainbolt- If you share your home with more than one cat then put this book on your Christmas List! The author tackles all aspects a multi-cat home faces with great detail, plenty of expert advice to back her own personal experience. Order through Amazon.com
- Cat Confessions by Allia Zobel Nolan http://www.alliawrites.com/main.php This book designed to bring laughter, love and joy into your heart and home is pure delight! Small enough to stick in a stocking, this gift keeps giving all year. Enchanting photos with zinger captions you will laugh and cry being reminded of cats and kittens past and present.
- Who Moved My Mouse? by Dena Harris- an entertaining book billed as a (“Self-Help Book for Cats Who Don’t Need Any Help) This book will help you ring in the year with laughter. A pleasant escape from what ails you, when you read it perhaps you find out why Fluffy jumps on top of your refrigerator and lobs spices on your dog’s head when he passes underneath. Order from Amazon.com
There you have it, my list for the Year’s Best Cat Products for you and your cat. My hope in the coming year regarding cat products centers on; companies and individuals such as listed above, listening to cats and their owners while improving their products or goods along the way.
Persian cats prefer staying relatively quiet. They are docile, loving cats.
Ragdoll cats prefer to stay low to the ground, rather than in high places
Ragamuffins are calm and can handle most types of child’s play